In today’s showcase, I lift the lid on one of our most vibrant live party bands for hire, Encore!
It’s showcase time again and I have a real corker of a party band today! Combining youthful energy, fun-time attitude and a big dash of music that makes you exclaim “Wow! I haven’t heard that in ages!” Encore are made up of a fantastic female vocalist who’s backed by an all-male backing band on acoustic guitar and drums/percussion, Encore are a party band that won’t quit until you’re on that dance floor busting some serious shapes.
“I performed at an arena in Belarus to 10,000 people with 1 million viewers watching us on TV too!”
Who are Encore?
Encore are made up of a lead female singer, acoustic guitarist and drummer with the two boys backing up Chess the frontwoman with some fantastic backing vocals. They may be small but their talent and youthful energy add up to a full, vibrant and infectious live show that you and your guests will simply love. They are one of our most in-demand live party bands and whether you have a wedding, party or function, Encore can blend into or liven up your event in no time.
Say hello to Chess!
Today, I had a great little natter with Chess the frontwoman and lead singer of Encore. We lifted the lid on her and the band’s life so you get to know the musicians behind the party bands you hire with Seventh Second. Let’s begin!
1. Tell us a bit about your background and Encore
I come from a very musical background and also an entrepreneurial household so I was always going to be a band leader 🙂
2. What’s a typical working day for you?
Wake up, emails batch 1, workout, emails batch 2, practice, organise gigs/musicians… then get to the gig!
3. Organised! What do you love about performing in Encore?
I love that it’s a small set up but we can bring so much energy and joy to the party.
4. Why did you choose to become a musician?
It’s the only thing I like doing and the feeling you get after a successful gig is unbeatable.
5. That’s true, it is. What are the best and worst aspects of being a full-time musician?
The best aspect is definitely that you love your job and you get to go to cool places and meet interesting people. The not-so-great aspect is that you can end up in a pandemic with no income, but we persevere!
6. Yep, there’s light at the end of the tunnel! What’s been your all-time favourite show?
I performed at an arena in Belarus to 10,000 people with 1 million viewers watching us on TV too!
7. Wow! What’s been your most embarrassing moment during a show?
Someone definitely noticed that I accidentally burped whilst singing.
8. Haha! What’s your favourite song to perform?
Any Whitney Song!
9. Which song is a guaranteed dance floor filler?
Shut Up And Dance by Walk the Moon!
10. What are Encore’s future plans?
We are getting back to doing our residencies in London clubs and bars as well as performing internationally at all sorts of events. We are soon releasing more promo as well to showcase what we have been working on behind the scenes.
11. If you could do anything, what would you do if you weren’t a musician?
Probably a detective.
12. What’s your favourite food?
13. What’s your ultimate holiday destination?
Anywhere hot with a beach.
14. What’s your ideal way to spend a day off?
15. If you had the chance to go to any music festival ever, which one would it be?
I have made a pact with myself that I will never go as a spectator until I have played there myself so I’m going to go ahead and say Glasto.
16. What’s your top tip for anyone planning their party?
Start early. Ask questions. Be honest, and don’t panic! 🙂
17. Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog. Definitely. Here’s Prince.
Thank you Chess!
A big thank you to Chess for taking the time out of her busy schedule to chat with me and share with us. If you’d like to know more about her party band keep reading!
Encores booking options
Like all acts at Seventh Second, Encore offer a wide range of booking options with DJ sets, early arrival, late finish and indoor or outdoor live show options available. There’s something for everyone with Encore!
Encores lineup options
Encore usually line as a three-piece of lead female vocals, acoustic guitar/backing vocals and drums/backing vocals as it’s nice and compact, fitting into any venue and any event but also large enough for a great sound and fantastic evenings entertainment for all. Extra musicians like sax, keys and guitar players can be added for a bigger sound or maybe you fancy something ambient or more low-key? Well, a duo can be hired, perfect for drinks receptions or wedding ceremonies.
All our party bands, corporate entertainment and wedding bands for hire include PA, stage lighting, background music, travel expenses, PLI and PAT certificates, and a booking deposit in their prices. Encore do too and prices for the trio start from £980.
Popular Encore songs!
Being the fun time party band for hire they are, Encore love to play a wide variety of songs. However, they do love to be the surprise package, performing 90s hits that you’d forgotten all about but will love all over again. Popular songs include Crazy by Gnarles Barkley, Don’t Speak by No Doubt, Riptide by Vance Joy and Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus.
Party people reviews
See why party people all over love Encore with some of their feedback. You can view all of our reviews happy client reviews here.
“Perfect for our little get together with friends. I would recommend these guys to anyone, wicked band!”
Daniel Shivu – London, 2019
“I’ve never seen my mum and dad dance so much. I couldn’t have picked a better act. Thanks Encore and Seventh Second.”
Stephy Wendy – Essex, 2018
“Once they started playing, it brought our party to life. They can make a lot of noise and get you all dancing for such a small act.”
Katie Noone – Brighton, 2018
“James and I just wanted to thank you all personally for playing at our wedding, you really added to making the day so special. You were such a professional wedding band and created a great atmosphere, we had so many compliments about your music. Thanks again for being part of our day.”
James and Jess Plunkett – Poole, 2012
“Someone definitely noticed that I accidentally burped whilst singing.”
As well as our 15% off booking offer, covid cover, detailed booking contracts and 24-hour support you always get everything listed below and more with any wedding, function or party band (including Encore!) you hire with us. Grab those live party band freebies.
- 2×60 or 3×40 minute live sets
- A comprehensive booking contract which includes covid cover
- Band arrival time of 5 pm or later
- Band set up time of 60/90 minutes
- Finish time of midnight or earlier
- *FREE* DJ laptop set in between live sets or as required (usually costing £150)
- A professional PA sound system, stage lighting and PLI and PAT certificates
- All transport and accommodation costs
- All our live party bands are happy to discuss playing certain songs/first dances and catering their setlist just for you
Award-winning, live band choice
There’s so much more on offer with our full roster of live bands and big guides below. You’re guaranteed to find your perfect band below.
- The Best Wedding Ceremony and Reception Musicians for 2023 and 2024
- 40+ Of The Best Wedding Bands For 2023 and 2024
- 30+ Of The Best Rock And Pop Wedding Bands for Hire
- Funktastic Disco and Funk Wedding Bands for Hire
- 50+ Of The Best Function Bands For Hire
- The Best Soul and Motown Wedding Bands for Hire in 2023 and 2024
- Our Most Recommended Indie and Britpop Wedding Bands
- The Best Acoustic and Folk Wedding Bands for Hire in 2023 and 2024
- 20 Awesome Bandeoke and Rockaoke Live Wedding Bands for Hire
- Award-Winning London Wedding Bands For Hire In 2023 and 2024
- How Much Does it Really Cost to Hire a Wedding Band in 2023?
- 8 Facts About Sound Limiters at Wedding Venues
Love the look of Encore?
Thanks again to Chess for chatting with me today and telling us all about her brilliant little live party act. If you want to hire Encore why not click on the enquire button in the top right corner or head to their unique profile here for even more? You can also see all of our fantastic party bands for hire here too.
Book with confidence with the experts at Seventh Second
With our comprehensive covid cover and years of experience performing at weddings, parties and events around the world, our wedding experts are here to design the perfect live entertainment for you and your guests at a price that simply can’t be beaten. We are also offering 15% off any booking right now so come and speak to us, obligation-free and see how we can design the perfect band for you. We’re here 7 days a week, 10 am to 10 pm via phone, email, live chat, the usual socials and text.
It was great learning about Chess and her fantastic party band for hire today and I hope you enjoyed it too. Next time I’ll be chatting to alternative function band for hire Stan Darsh which is going to be a very different and interesting read! If you know anyone who would love this showcase or Encore, please consider sharing.
See you next time and thanks so much for taking the time to read about Encore today.
Oana and the boys and girls at Seventh Second